The Klooga Concentration Camp was established in September of 1943 by German occupation authorities. It was a forced labour camp that was part of the Vaivara camp system in Estonia. On September 19 in 1944, during the German occupation, one of the biggest mass murders in Estonia took place in Klooga when the Red Army was approaching and all the nearly 2,000 Jews were executed in the camp.
Currently, there is a memorial to the victims of the Holocaust and the outdoor exhibition of the Estonian History Museum, "Klooga camp and the Holocaust". The exhibition and memorial are located in beautiful nature, by Lake Sooda. The sea is very close.